Meet The FitterFaster Team
I started FitterFaster in 2008 after taking up fitness for the first time in my life at the age of 34. I know first hand what it is like to go from diet to diet and start exercise programs without success. But now I know exactly how to get awesome results and how to keep them and really enjoy showing and helping others to learn the same and put it into practice.
- Kids - Caitlin , Ben, Lauren, Harrison and Olivia
- Hubby - Happily married to Greg for nearly 25years
- Pets - I have a border collie named Jackson. Olivia has 2 guinea pigs named Leonard and Michael, and some chooks
- Fav Drills - Up Downers, Walking lunges and Burpees/Get Ups
- Least Fav - Heavy Thrusters
- Fav Movies - Monsters Inc, Despicable Me and the whole Harry Potter series
- Hobbies - fitness (duh) reading, gardening, cooking, writing, spending time with my family
- Fav food - roast lamb or pork and salad
- Treat food - I love vanilla ice cream and plain Cadbury chocolate
My favourite thing ever is to spend time with my family. They're a really busy bunch of kids who have taken part in lots of sports and since having them I've qualified as a gymnastics coach, swim teacher, triathlon and running coach and have coached soccer, football, basketball and cross country running coaching to my resume. Not bad for someone who prior to getting married knew pretty much nothing about any sport at all.
I never thought that FitterFaster would continue to grow like it has. But I'm so glad I started. Helping people change not just their bodies but their whole lives is the most amazing thing.
It's the best thing ever to see people change their outlook on everything, not just their bodies. That's why I keep doing this. Seeing peoples lives literally change before my eyes is the absolute best. It's amazing how changing your body is so much more than just that.
From a few friends asking me how to get into shape, to changing 100's of lives has been unreal. But I couldn't do it without the support of my family and the wonderful team of coaches featured on this page.
Caitlin is my eldest daughter. From a young age she was super organised and good at directing others (some may call that bossy). This and her empathy for others made her an ideal choice for coaching people on their individual fitness journeys at FitterFaster
Caitlin has been training with us from the very beginning. She was the youngest person to start serious training at FitterFaster and still holds this title.
Other job: swim school coordinator at MB Sports and Leisure Centre
Fave exercise: Dead Bugs
Least Favourite exercise: thrusters and mountain climbers
Fave music: country tunes
Fave food: roast lamb and veggies with mum's gravy
Hobbies: walking, hanging out with my friends, cooking, basketball, football
I started training with mum when she first started FitterFaster. I used to get up before school and workout with all the clients.
My first coaching role was FitForce after school. I really enjoyed it and have coached early morning sessions and now run PeakFit on my morning off from my 'real' job.
I love catching up with my regular clients and especially enjoy their funny stories and their recipes.
I also still enjoy training with everyone at Basecamp and at home with the 45Lives.
Amanda is our resident organisational guru. She loves to have everything in order and lined up perfectly. Her enthusiasm for health and fitness is infectious and she inspires everyone with her can do attitude and her commitment to her own training and nutrition. Ever reliable, Amanda is equally at home teaching new exercises to new clients or pushing our most advanced clients at the other end.
- Kids/Family: Baby Lexi and Fiancé Steven
- Pets: 2 dogs, Axel and Ned
- Fave Movie: I am Sam and The Hurricane
- Fave Music: Any!
- Fave Food Healthy: Roast Veggies and Nourish Bowls
- Fave Treat: Halloumi and Red Snakes
- Hobbies: Aside from Training, Netball/Umpiring/Coaching
- Best day ever would be: Walking the streets of Italy
- Other Job: Accounts/Book Keeper at MTS and S Dell Plumbing
- Pet Hates: Loud chewing and whistling! Oh and some fellow gym buddies would say not having things lined up and in order!!
My health and fitness goals are to maintain my body fat % to under 15% and keep working on my level of fitness and to Walk the Kokoda Trail
I started coaching at FitterFaster in April 2018. I was hesitant at first to take on coaching, but I knew I had a lot to offer other people in my situation with their goals.
I have ‘been there and done that’ with weight and yo-yo dieting. Since starting at here I've reduced my own body fat from 29% to under 14%. I was in a rut with my training and nutrition and needed someone to motivate me to push myself to the next level.
I have finally found what works for me and am willing to share my experience with others and be genuinely happy to celebrate their successes and be there to help them get back on the wagon if they too fall off.
I became a coach after many years of training at gym facilities, as well as on my own. I realised during different stages of my life and health journey that sometimes, the best part of my day was getting a workout in and being surrounded by like minded people who had a genuine interested in my well-being and a common goal of bettering themselves. Playing a small role in being the best part of someone’s day, is there any better feeling?
I love the atmosphere at FitterFaster! I love training alongside clients, the environment and the variety of each session. And I love Challenge Week.
Barry started training with us in November 2016 and has fitted right in as one of the most likeable and inspirational people here. While he clearly has an amazing fitness level, he's never in your face about it and instead encourages everyone else to do their absolute best at whatever level that may be - from total beginners to the most advanced and everywhere in between.
- Kids/fam. I have two sons Archie and Wil with my partner Tenille
- Fav movie. Kill Bill/ good Will Hunting
- Fav Music. Any. How ever rage against the Machine seems to motivate me. Nutbush also gets me on the dance floor!
- Fav food Healthy/treat. FitterFaster Butter chicken/. Pizza and beer.
- Hobbies. Surfing, riding motorbikes and binge watching TV series
- Best Day would be with friends and family on a warm beach playing and surfing in the water.
- Other Jobs Arborist for the CGSC
- Favourite drill/exercise. I love a good “Chipper” ticking the reps off.
- Least favourite. Lunges... thrusters should be made illegal.
I started at FitterFaster in November 2016 Jo's always been at the Forefront of fitness in Maryborough. I was introduced to her and her family at a function and said I’d be interested in trying Fitterfaster for a few sessions and I’ve never looked back.
I started coaching BoxOut in May 2019. A position became available and I applied. I love the position as it’s a rewarding Job. And seeing athletes push themselves motivates me to be my best.
I feel I’m in a really great place at Fitterfaster. Mentally and physically. To me that’s the definition of fitness. I also love the fact i can be involved in my boys adventures and sports in more ways than being on the sidelines observing. My future goals are to age gracefully and enjoy my active lifestyle
It’s nice to be around positive like minded people. Everyone shows up does the work and has a laugh at FitterFaster. It’s a great community. The legacy Jo is creating has had a major impact on the health and habits on Maryborough as a whole and she should be very proud of what she’s created.
Pet Hates. When people say they wished I was a little more mature.
When Trish started at FitterFaster, she described herself as 45, fat and depressed. After transforming her own mind and body, Trish stepped up to coach for us to help others transform their lives. Feedback from new clients about the way Trish helps them to fit in is amazing. From explaining and demonstrating exercises, to holding babies and encouraging, often all at once, Trish is fantastic at helping new people feel welcome and supported.
- Kids/family: Ashleigh, Emily, Patrick, Annabel and Isabel and Coral - Yes, that's 6 kids!!
- Pets: Dolly and Danny (Boxers), Rosie (Galah)
- Fav. Movie: Shawshank Redemption
- Fav. music/artist/band: Queen/Maroon 5
- Fav. food healthy and treat: Balsamic Steak Salad is my favourite FF meal and pizza is a weakness
- Hobbies: Horse Racing (playing the Quaddie on a Saturday)
- Best Day ever would be: Doing anything with all my kids
- Other job: Kitchen bitch at the Harness Racing
I first started at FitterFaster when I was 45 years old. I was terrified I'd be yelled at - afterall it was called Bootcamp
I started coaching 2 years after I started (so 5 years ago), because Jo had faith in me.
- What you love about FF: Everyone is so encouraging and supportive and we always laugh.
- Favourite Drill/exercises: swiss ball roll outs
- Least Favs Heavy Thrusters
- What you have achieved at FF: I'm stronger than I ever was and my moods are more even
- Goals - health and fitness and other to keep eating well and training hard
- Pet hates: incorrect spelling and grammar
I keep coaching because I'm genuinely invested in the clients' achievements. I'm so proud of when they achieve something they previously couldn't. I love it when I see them after an assessment and their faces beam with happiness when they realise how much they've improved. I love it when they pick up heavier weights and manage to do what they thought would be too hard. I love that young mum's can bring their babies and it's such a bonus when I have to hold them! I've made some wonderful lifelong friends through Fitterfaster, and all the other coaches are awesome.
- Fav. Movie:
- Fav. music/artist/band:
- Fav. food healthy and treat:
- Best Day ever would be:
- Other job:
- What you love about FF:
- Favourite Drill/exercises:
- Least Favs
- Goals -
- Pet hates:
I joined Fitter Faster because an opportunity came up for me and I took it, I needed something different and becoming a coach was what I wanted. Im very passionate about my fitness and love doing crazy challenges and put my body to its limits sometimes for a great cause. I hope I inspire people in the smallest way and they inspire someone and they inspire someone and we have all become a better person than we were the day before. I’ve only been coaching for a small period of time at Fitter Faster and the coaches have been fantastic in welcoming me to Fitter Faster, but the clients have been amazing, patient, kind, respectful and funny and are always up for a laugh. So thank you to Jo and her Team I’m super proud to be part of this awesome family of fit, healthy, living life and love what we are doing.
- Kids/family: Married to Ruben for 10 years. 2 daughters: Elli 6, Abigail 4.
- Pets: 12 year old black lab named Jeri.Fav.
- Movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Fav. music/artist/band: Country
- Fav. food healthy and treat: quinoa & pomegranate salad/wine, G&T chocolate
- Hobbies: Dancing, Zumba & learning to play piano
- Best Day ever would be: Resort, Pool Cocktail
- Other job: Accounts/Bookkeeper at Like To Build PTY LTD, F/T Mum & Homeschooler 🤓
- What you love about FF: I love the family friendly environment that Jo has created - it's the main reason I became a client 🥰
- Favourite Drill/exercises: Squats and Dead Bugs
- Least Favs Spidermans and Burppes
- Goals - Short term goals: to rebuild my core strength post having babies & surgeries Long term goals: to build up & maintain my general fitness and endurance. Hopefully one day I'll come to like running!
- Pet hates: Fake People. Be real or be gone
Kids/family: I have two sons Jedda (5) and Ryden (3) with my partner Zac.
Fav. Movie: Fast and The Furious & Home Front (anything with Vin Diesel or Jason Statham)
Fav. music/artist/band: Country
Fav. food healthy: Stir-Frys with a wide variety of Veg
Treat: Fish & Chips
Hobbies: Netball (playing, coaching & umpiring), Basketball, Camping, Skiing/Knee boarding, spending time with my family
Best Day ever would be: Spending the day with family and friends at Laanecoorie with the boat.
Other job: Accounts Administrator at True Foods
What I love about FF:
The atmosphere and environment at Fitter Faster is something I have not experienced anywhere else. There is good banter but at the end of the day you get out of each work out what you put in. There is something for every fitness level. It is a supportive environment and we all celebrate each other’s successes.
I have recently started coaching at Fitter Faster and I am loving it. The reason I applied for the position was because I am a positive, glass half full, sort of person. I love encouraging and being a part of clients journeys, watching the progression in each person is really rewarding.
Favourite Drill/exercises: Squats/ Thrusters & Running
Least Favs: Ring Rows
Goals: Keep training consistently, eating healthy and being a good role model to my boys.
Pet hates: When people whinge and give up