I think this is going to be one of the most controversial articles I’ve written. Heck, with a title like that, I could be in trouble in a day and age when no one has to take responsibility for anything anymore.
We all have flaws. Yep, I said it. We all have issues, all of us.
Famous people, heroes and just ordinary people like us. None of us are perfect no matter what it appears on the outside.
We have history
We have baggage
We have issues
We had tough upbringings
We have problems
We have health or medical condition
Some of these things are our fault and some are not.
In my line of work, I tell people to start exercising, to eat better and to change lifestyle habits.
Lots of people get offended when I make it sound so simple. They have stories in their heads that go something like;
“I can’t do that because _______________”
“She has no idea what it’s like. Because of __________ I can’t do those things”
“I don’t have as much money as you”
“But I’m ______ years old”
“I don’t have enough time ”
“I’m busier than you”
“But my partner left me”
“I have this health issue”
“I need to deal with _____ first”
“My family/friends don’t support me”
“I’m a single parent”
But, but, but……………
Hey, you live in this century. You have internet, food, water and most probably a place to live. You have electricity and you have clothes. You have an income (even if it is not the one you ‘wish’ for).
You have EVERYTHING you need to make this happen.
We tell ourselves stories about why we can’t succeed.
We use the I’m Hopeless or I’m a Victim label too much. Much too much.
Sometimes your situation is not your fault (and sometimes it is) but regardless, it is still your responsibility to deal with it.
What if you stopped PLAYING THE VICTIM
What if everything WAS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
You probably didn’t choose to have your condition or your problem or have whatever it was that happened to you or the situation you’re in.
But it is still your responsibility to deal with it.
I can hear some of you now…….
But you just don’t understand MY circumstances.
You can’t possibly know what I’M going through.
And you could be right. I might not understand.
But I can tell you now, that many people (probably 1000’s) have gone through what you’ve gone through or are going through and have succeeded despite the problems.
You are not that unique – sorry 🙁
So stop carrying around your baggage with pride.
No matter how many bags you are carrying, put them down, decide what you’re going to achieve and start taking action to achieve it.
I have many different options to get you started if you’d like me to help you.
FREE AND EXTREMELY USEFUL:
- Subscribe to my newsletter (Email me email@example.com and I’ll pop you on)
- Combine that with reading my blog articles.
- Or join my Get Fit Maryborough Free fitness group. It’s an ongoing fitness program run through a Private Facebook Group. New workouts every 4 weeks, nutrition and habit changes with ongoing feedback and support via email, messages and posts . You can find the group at www.getfitmaryborough.com
HAS A PRICE TAG BUT AVAILABLE NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE
- Register (and complete) one of my online challenges. I run them 4-5 times per year. If you subscribe to my newsletter, by filling out the form below, I’ll let you when the next one will be.
TRAIN WITH US HERE AT FITTERFASTER
- Start with our Jumpstart To A New You package. 28 days of unlimited training including our Rookie program, assessments, nutrition and habit step by step actions and guaranteed results. Just $79 for everything. You can start this at any time and more details can be found HERE
So make today the day your pull up your big-girl panties (or big guy pants) and take some action.
I can help you succeed no matter what has been holding you back in the past. You may not be able to do absolutely everything exactly the same as someone else, but you can take action, you can make changes and you can make your situation better.
Looking forward to hearing from you (and yes, expecting some less than positive responses – maybe)